SQL Developer / SQL Analyst
US Citizen, Green Card, OPT-EAD, CPT, H-1B,
H4-EAD, L2-EAD, GC-EAD
To Be Discussed Later
W-2 (Consultant must be on our company payroll. C2C is not allowed)
With general guidance and coaching, provides analytical support to a specific group of customers on business applications, infrastructure and technology related activities. Acts as a project team member, specifically on requirements definition and testing activities. Provides guidance, assistance, coordination and follow-up on complex problems and ensures resolution. Assists customers on their migration to new or revised products, applications and platforms. Works with application developers and operations personnel to support production applications and customer-specific operations. Significant creativity is required.
Advanced - Bachelor's degree required
- Work with an external vendor to client to validate that the quarterly invoices sent to client accurately represent the changes in utilization they are being held accountable to in their SOW
This will include:
- Use SQL to pull claims from our data marts / data warehouses as specified in the vendor’s SOW and supporting invoice information from the vendor (including but not limited to specific providers, codes, sites of care, dates, etc.)
- Follow the analytics methodology specified in the vendor’s SOW to identify the right payment to be made to the vendor (setting a provider-specific baseline based on a pre-specified time window and tracking the dollar savings associated with changes in utilization of different codes from that baseline)
- Compare payment estimate with the vendor invoice and work directly with vendor personnel to identify root causes of divergence between client and vendor payment estimates. This may involve working directly in our data warehouse to reconcile differences in the claims feed sent to the vendor and the current claims record
- Surface root causes to client leaders and propose path forward
- Once this validation process is complete, automate claims pulls and calculations to minimize work effort going forward
- Applies project management skills to ensure timely delivery of assigned projects of own work.
- Collaborates with Business Analytics Services, Strategic Informatics and Business Analytics Operations in the development of analytic plans, identification of data sources and specifications, execution of programming, and review of results. Possesses a working knowledge of administrative medical claims, relational databases, and primary data marts, defining code lists for diagnoses/procedures, and deriving variables required for analyses,
- Applies a continuous improvement mindset of quality and optimization in all project work. Writes efficient and well-documented queries for data extracts and programmed analyses. Identifies opportunities for improvement in departmental processes that ensure high quality deliverables. Adheres to departmental and enterprise data standards. Identifies opportunities for automation and executes them in individual project work.
- Partners with various areas of HCV and IT to author comprehensive business requirements for data feeds/transfers, funded corporate projects for HCV, vended software solutions, and enhancements to internal foundational data sources, in accordance with IT delivery processes. Once established, works with IT and vendors to execute data exchange to the established requirements. Executes UAT of IT or vendor-provided solutions, ensuring compliance with business requirements.
- Serves as a subject matter expert in at least one of the following areas: Stakeholder area portfolio, observational data methods, statistical modeling, departmental data sources, software, IT, lines of business, or health research specialty.
Required Skills/Experience – Include:
- 5+ years development experience with Microsoft SQL Server
- Advanced SQL development skills (complex queries, stored procedures, user defined functions, performance tuning)
- Advanced SQL Server SSIS skills
- Must be able to finish tasks with minimum supervision
- Familiar with health care concepts
- Experience with health care claims data in some setting, if not specific to client claims
- Experience with detailed data analytics
- Good Communication skills, both written and spoken
Preferred Skills/Experience – Include:
- Experience working with large multi-terabyte databases
- Healthcare data knowledge
- Experience with automation of routine data pulls and reporting
- If possible, experience with client claims data
Education/Certifications – Include:
- Bachelor degree required in computer science or related field
- Proficiency with SQL
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products
DIGITAL TECHNOLOGIES LLC is an equal opportunity employer inclusive of female, minority, disability and veterans, (M/F/D/V). Hiring, promotion, transfer, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination and all other employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, national origin, citizenship/immigration status, veteran status or any other protected status. DIGITAL TECHNOLOGIES LLC will not make any posting or employment decision that does not comply with applicable laws relating to labor and employment, equal opportunity, employment eligibility requirements or related matters. Nor will DIGITAL TECHNOLOGIES LLC require in a posting or otherwise U.S. citizenship or lawful permanent residency in the U.S. as a condition of employment except as necessary to comply with law, regulation, executive order, or federal, state, or local government contract